El Dorado Park | South of Conant | Plaza
College Park | Carson Park
Located within and around the beautiful parks of Long Beach, families can take advantage of the close proximity to golf, outdoor archery, swimming, playgrounds, roller hockey, and an abundance of other outdoor activities. Even family pets have a place to run wild at the El Dorado Dog Park and Dog Beach. Minutes from the beach, shopping, and all of the diverse and exciting attractions Long Beach has to offer, these communities are perfect for the active family.
Emerson Parkside Academy (K-5)- “Total community spirit combined with unbeatable academics.”
Oak Middle School (6-8)- “Wonderful, supportive, and stimulating learning environment.”
- Millikan High School (9-12)- “ Strong academic programs, particularly QUEST.”
SHOPPING & DINING
The Brew Kitchen Ale House-”Hip gastropub presenting locally sourced comfort foods with a clever twist along with lots of brews.”
Ferraro’s Italian Kitchen- “Pastas, pizzas, and other Italian classics, plus wine from a charming trattoria with a bakery and deli.”
- Shenandoah at the Arbor- “Charming Restaurant serving traditional southern cooking and offers patio seating under ancient trees.”
Coyote Creek Bicycle Path- A 4 mile bike path that runs through El Dorado Park.
- Ruth Bach Library- Local neighborhood library for the whole family.
El Dorado Nature Center- A 105 acre park featuring a visitor center, flora, fauna, lakes, streams, and walking trails.
- The now closed Naval Hospital housed infamous names such as Betty Ford and Nazi war criminal, Andrija Artukovic
- El Dorado Park was a site for the archery competition in the 1984 Los Angeles Summer Olympics
- 70 acres of the north end of El Dorado park were sold for $1 in in 1965 to build a Naval Hospital.