Bluff Park | Belmont Heights & Bixby Knolls
An homage to the golden age of Los Angeles, these communities have sought to preserve the charm and history of bygone years. They are nestled along the shores of Long Beach and amongst the bluffs providing a quiet atmosphere for its residents. The Craftsman Bungalows dating back to as early as 1905 have become the predominant style of architecture that has been emulated around other areas of Los Angeles. You’ll take a step into the beauty and charm of yesteryear, and never want to leave.
Fremont Elementary School (K-5)- “Their close knit community is the secret to its success.”
Longfellow Elementary School (K-5)- “Amazing teachers who lovingly care for their students.”
Franklin Classical Middle School (6-8)- “Everyone here is looking for a common goal-- the students.”
- Woodrow Wilson Classical High School (9-12)- “Strong traditions of both academic and athletic excellence.”
SHOPPING & DINING
Sweet Threads- “Cute kids vintage and non vintage clothing store to add something special and unique to your kid’s closet!”
- Claire’s at the Museum- “Restaurant on the beautifully landscaped campus at the Long Beach Museum of Art”
Restauration- “Modern eatery serving New American cuisine with a local, seasonal focus-- plus crafts, drafts, and wine.”
The Attic- “Creative Southern eatery plating an all-day menu in a circa 1920’s era bungalow.”
Retro Row- “Independently owned and operated stores that offer goods, food, and services you won’t find anywhere else.”
Belmont Veterans Memorial Pier- Built in 1908 as a tribute to the men and women of the Armed Forces.
Eliot Lane- A row of 7 Spanish Revival or Craftsman Bungalow style homes all preserved since 1923.
Skinny House- The Guinness Book of World Record named it the narrowest free standing house in the United States.
Bluff Park Historic District- “Residential neighborhood consisting of large, stately homes constructed between 1903 and 1949.”
- Lone Sailor Statue- “Honors the thousands of men and women who served, and continue to serve, our nation on the seas.”
- Before 1909, Long Beach was a dry town and residents would purchase alcohol from Belmont Heights’ taverns.
- There are 125 homes in pristine and unaltered condition from the early 1900’s.
- Belmont Heights was incorporated as its own city for one year until it was annexed by Long Beach in 1909.